Can I be completely honest with you? I was sweating in all the places getting ready for my first ever podcast recording! Let me tell you all about it – and link you up to hear the episode yourself.
Ali was a very gracious host, an absolute professional – and super easy to talk to, thank goodness! Ali focuses on women’s overall wellness and practices as an acupuncturist in Denver, CO. She’s on a mission to, and I quote “…to educate women about the importance of health and teach them how to be healthy.” Isn’t that awesome?! Women supporting women – it’s my favorite. Check out Ali’s site here. Outside of the professional connection, I started following Ali’s podcast personally too. She’s tapping into hormone imbalances, sleep issues, heavy periods and more…and so easy to talk to – felt like we’ve been friends for ages. The full line up of episodes are linked here.
I connected with Ali to talk about the importance of personal finance being connected to our overall health and wellness.
You see the connection like I do, right!?
When we’re stressed about our money it can impact other elements of our health.
Here were the points that Ali and I covered in our talk together – no for real, these are the notes I had in front of me as we were chatting.
Connecting finances to overall health is so important, especially right now!
Safe to say we are all dealing with COVID 19 in some capacity.
- Working from home? Home schooling?
- Many of us have financial impacts related to this too.
- Record breaking unemployment.
- Small Business is being impacted.
- Entrepreneurs are being impacted.
- Traditional workers that are having hours cut.
3 Groups of Workers Impacted
- Hustle, Trim Expenses, Protect 4 Walls (Food/Utilities/House/Transportation)
Still Employed/May Have Loss
- Trim Expenses, save any extra; don’t pay extra on debts right now.
Gainfully Employed/No Loss
- Carry on. Spend money. Choose to support small businesses! Tip extra. Be generous.
Without this crisis….the average American.
78% living paycheck to paycheck.
66% would struggle to pay for a $1,000 emergency.
7 out of 10 couples don’t budget.
Americans on average, are drowning in debt.
Why is this important?
Money stuff impacts our overall wellness. (even without your kids and spouse at home)
- Financial (bank account), Spiritual (moral implications), Relational (money problems are the leading cause of divorce), Emotional (stress!)
- Change your family tree.
- We weren’t taught how to properly handle money growing up.
Dave Ramsey money philosophy…and the baby steps.
Our journey to financial peace and how I became a personal finance coach.
Offer listeners the FREE 5 Step Plan to THRIVE with your finances; text the word THRIVE to 33777.
Okay, so now you have the full scoop from my notes (not necessarily in the order that I shared them…but you get the idea). And a link to the podcast too! It was truly a fun experience and a great privilege to share about money stuff and my love for personal finance wellness with Ali’s audience – and with you, of course.
P.S. You can text THRIVE to 33777 to get that free download too. OR you can you click this link to skip right to it.
Thank you for joining me on my my journey to influence.
Sign up below to get the future savings tips and tricks!